I apologize for not blogging in like the past week or two. Sometimes I’m really lazy and I feel like I’m boring since I don’t do anything ever.
I only take a lot of selfies just to prove to people that I’m having fun on the weekend, I swear!
Don’t worry. I have more excuses to throw at you on why I don’t blog regularly.
Excuse #1: I’ve been running every day! Monday through Friday I wake up at 5 AM to run. The only downside to that is I go to bed at, like, 7:30 because I am now a grandma again and quite frankly, I love it! Going to bed early is my favorite thing to do. I lie in bed around 6 PM and watch Nicole Richie’s show. I inspire to be her. My hair will be purple once I’m out of the military.
Anyway, since I go to bed early, wake up early, and work all day, blogging just falls to the back burner. You guys aren’t missing out on my life. I eat Subway every day and watch the same movies on repeat.
Excuse #2: I’m out of excuses.
However, since we haven’t talked in a while and I haven’t been stalking your blogs, here are the top 5 greatest things that happened to me in the past week:
- I am down 21 pounds! I definitely don’t think I look like a lost weight and I still feel obese despite people telling me I look skinnier. Now this week, the scale has not moved at all. So, being the person I am, I research running and losing weight. There are a billion and one sites saying you cannot lose weight and run a lot. What are your views on this? I did it before. Granted, I wasn’t really eating, but I was running and losing weight. How come so many runners are in shape and (most likely) skinny? So, you’re telling me I can’t lose weight and run a lot despite every weight loss success story in fitness magazines? I’m so confused. Thoughts? I’m also confused as to why the scale fluctuates from 5-10 pounds. Driving me nuts.
- I’m up to 8 miles now! On Saturday I ran 8 miles in an hour and then I just continued with that on Sunday.
- I am also getting faster! My speed has increased a lot from when I first starting running a few weeks ago. Eventually I’ll be running my 6 minute miles. Eventually.
- I am so hyper all the time! Yes, I am exhausted the majority of the work day, but my mood has improved. Running has made me happy, but I feel like I’m back to myself of being extremely weird with my co-workers. I know I’m back to my happy go lucky self when my buddy tells me to shut up.
- I can fit in some clothes I have not worn in months! Not only that, I’m not so self-conscious about wearing shorts. It’s extremely hot in Okinawa. A few months ago, it was about 100% humidity, but I refused to wear anything besides black skinny jeans with a black shirt. I was dressing in all black and the sun would make me sweat when I was just standing outside. It was ridiculous of me. The other day I wore shorts that showed off my thighs. Yeah, I don’t have a thigh gap, but at least my thighs are slimmer where I feel a bit more comfortable.
So, there you have it! My weekend consisted of me telling myself I should blog, but instead I ran and ate Subway all day long. I wish I was kidding.
I’m trying to say I just ate too much Subway, but I’m still hungry.
Now it’s Monday and it has been such a terrible day for me! So terrible that I’m going to bed at 5 PM because I’m emotional and panic attacks make me sleepy.